Chalsa Crab Cakes
Prep Time : 40-50 Minutes Cook Time : 20-25 Minutes (depending on desired crispiness) Yield : 4 Medium to Large Cakes
- 1 lb Lump Crab Meat (optimal outcome) however, backfin could be used as well.
- Few Dashes of Worcestershire Sauce (2 Teaspoons)
- Handful of Fresh Parsley
- Two Eggs (whisked)
- Honey Dijon Mustard (2 Tablespoons)
- 1/4 Cup of Mayonnaise
- 2 Cloves of Garlic (diced)
- Black Pepper
- Pulverized Saltine Crackers (unsalted) - 1/4 cup.
- Dash of Old Bay
- Drizzle of Olive Oil
- Chalsa (Mild/Spicy)
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 lemons (1 allotted as juice and other as serving compliment)
- In a plastic ziploc bag insert 12-16 saltine crackers, and proceed to crush.
- In a large mixing bowl compile all listed ingredients, except crab meat and crackers.
- Next, fold in crab meat gently into base mixture.
- Add pulverized crackers and begin to mix heavility.
- To maximize formation of cakes, take the bowl and refrigerate for at least 45 minutes. Max - 12 hours.
- Form cakes by cupping mixture. Use the palm of your hand, to asses approximate size.
- Preheat oven or air fryer to about 400 degrees and place cakes on a coated pan. Half-way through flip each cake.
- Serve with lemon wedge if desired and top with a bit of Chalsa.